If a patient needs the shape, size, strength, or appearance of a tooth restored, Dr. Katarzyna Sekowska can help with a dental crown. A crown is a tooth-shaped covering placed over a tooth in order to restore it. When cemented in place, your dental crown will cover the entire visible surface of the tooth and blend in with your smile.
A crown is used for many functions, including:
- To prevent a weak tooth from breaking
- To hold the parts of a cracked tooth together
- To restore a broken or badly worn tooth
- To cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To cover an irregularly shaped or badly discolored tooth